In Honor of “Red,” 15 Spellbinding Shots of Taylor Swift in a Cherry-Hued Dress
Unlike other pop stars her age, Taylor Swift has developed a pretty flawless signature style. You never see 22-year-old Swifty dashing out in see-through tops or emerging from limos pants-less. Instead, she has a carefully cultivated, ladylike look and its linchpin is a pretty, flirty dress—often in the singer’s favorite shade, red.
In honor of the official release of Taylor’s fourth album, Red, here are 16 of her most gorgeous cherry-hued dresses. They range from long to short, from lacy to sparkly, from sleek shifts to retro-feeling and polka-dotted. What they all have in common, aside from a color family—they all make Taylor look really, really beautiful.
1. Taylor picked this silky, three-quarter sleeve number for a Good Morning America appearance Monday morning.
2. The singer donned a lace frock for the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas last month.
3. For an MTV promotional appearance in August, Taylor chose a flower-print dress.
4. The Billboard Music Awards in May called for something floor-length and dramatic.
5. Sparkles make this short version stand out on tour in Sydney.
6. In a fit-and-flare, one of her go-to silhouettes, at the Billboard Sixth Annual Women in Music event in December 2011.
7. Swift went strapless at a 2011 CMT Artists of the Year party in Nashville last November.
8. Breaking from bright red, Taylor wears maroon for a Speak Now performance at Madison Square Garden.
9. The songstress was papped leaving BBC studios in London early last year in an adorable geometric red-and-white style.
10. Performing at JFK airport in NYC in a polka-dot, tie-waist option in 2010.
11. In a tight mini for an event at in Beverly Hills in January 2010.
12. Looking chic at New York Fashion Week in a red sheath in September 2009.
13. This was Taylor’s choice of dress for the VMAs three years ago.
14. Channeling Medieval Times in a costume from her Fearless Tour at Madison Square Garden in 2009.
15. This glam, strapless outfit was for a London photo shoot in August 2009.
Check Us Out On
Can 4minute pull out another "What's Your Name?" and beat 2NE1?
America decides between Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel and The Swon Brothers.
Paul put Eleanors on the map, yo.
We've got our first John Mayer diss track, and it is MEAN.
Even Mr. Movin' On is smiling.
We're getting the strong feeling Mr. Bieber does not care for paparazzi.
Why did Lil Wayne sully the honor of this great nation?
Vicky just dropped her first post-Victorious single and it's pretty good.
Just like The Pussycat Dolls, only not as good.
2NE1 plans to make up for lost time.
The final three artists take the stage and vie for votes for the last time.
As usual, B.A.P continues to work without rest.
Surprisingly, a song called "Bring the Noize" is not the laid-back jam we expected.