Five Style Tidbits Gleaned from Gwen Stefani’s “Harper’s Bazaar” Interview
Posted by Styleon 08/07/2012 at 4:33 PM
From the sounds of it, Gwen Stefani‘s life is exhausting. In a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar, the singer speaks of juggling her intense career (including late-night video shoots for the newly-resurrected No Doubt), traveling on tour with her husband, rocker Gavin Rossdale, and the responsibilities of parenting two small children, not even mentioning her two clothing and accessories lines (L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers), her various promotional gigs (she’s the face of L’Oreal) and her sure-to-be-intense fitness regimen. It’s enough to make any normal gossip-blog-reading, Teen Mom-viewing person feel really lazy.
In an accompanying photo shoot masterminded by top fashion photographer Terry Richardson, Gwen wears her hair both up, in a kicky topknot and down, all windswept, and poses in a variety of high-fashion attire. There’s a form-fitting leather dress by The Row, a drapey DVF jumpsuit, a dramatic Alexander McQueen strapless dress, a structural Jill Sander gown, a sexy Versace number and more, all in shades of pink and black.
Harper‘s writer Derek Blasberg took Gwen out to lunch for the article, and the two talk a lot about her iconic and, these days, seriously flawless style. Culled from the text, here are five interesting factoids about the pop singer’s look.
1. Her adult braces (remember that phase?) were a gift she gave to herself when No Doubt hit the big time: “I always told myself when I got rich, that’s the first thing I’d do.”
2. Her first designer dress was Prada, and a roadie ruined it: “‘He took my first Prada dress, which Gavin had bought for me, the firs designer piece I ever owned, and he washed it, and it came back this big,’ she says, indicating Barbie doll—size with her fingers.”
3. She went white blonde at 25, and the procedure took 8 hours: “It was like I’d unlocked the key. I remember feeling like, ‘I have arrived. This is me. Finally.’”
4. Gavin prefers her made up, so she wears makeup at home: “I like to make my husband like me more and he likes it when I’m wearing makeup.”
5. Gwen’s inaugural tube of red lipstick, now part of her signature look, came from her grandmother: “I remember sitting in my ghetto, beat-up Honda Prelude and putting on that lipstick in the rearview mirror and being like, ‘Uh-huh, I like that. That’s the shit right there.’ I never stopped after that.”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Email Us Tips!
Send Us the Tips!