Pop Olympics Fever! 25 Awesome Things About Canada
Posted by Photoson 07/25/2012 at 3:09 PM
As we reach the height of our Pop Olympics trial voting and the other, internationally broadcast Olympics lie just around the corner, we figured you guys might need a little inspiration for getting excited about your home country. Well, trust us when we say that if you can’t get pumped for Canada after seeing our photo list of 25 things that make the country great, you’re either not a true Canadian or you just have sugar water running through your veins. (Make sure you make it all the way to the end, where we have a little surprise for you fans of Canadian pop.)
Take a look, and remember to head back over to our Canada voting page when you’re done to select who you want to represent your country in the Pop Olympics next week.
1. FREE HEALTH INSURANCE
2. BEATING PEOPLE UP FOR SPORT
3. YOUR BOYFRIEND RYAN GOSLING
4. THE DRAMATIC INTERPRETATIONS OF TEEN LIFE ON DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION
5. STEVE NASH
7. THE UNIFORMS WORN BY THE ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE
8. THE EXPLORATORY BENEFITS OF THE FUR TRADE
9. ICE SKATING AU NATUREL
10. JOYEUX FESTIN, THE HAPPIEST OF HAPPY MEALS
11. A DOLLAR COIN THAT ACTUALLY GETS USED
12. EMBRACING THE COLD EACH YEAR WITH ICE SCULPTURES AT ICE FEST
13. MAPLE SYRUP STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE
14. THE MANY FACES OF THE MARMOT
15. IRREVERENT INTERVIEWS FROM NARDWUAR
16. PATRIOTIC LOVE SONGS LIKE “O CANADA”
17. THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF PAMELA ANDERSON
18. THE HANGOVER REMEDIES CONTAINED WITHIN ONE SERVING OF POUTINE
19. CHEAP AND WIDELY AVAILABLE PROMETHAZINE
20. HEROIC BFFS TERRANCE AND PHILLIP
21. FAST-CASUAL DELICACIES FROM TIM HORTONS
22. FASHIONABLE ATTIRE TO WEAR IN THE WINTER
23. ZIPPER TECHNOLOGY
24. WIDE OPEN SPACES
25. YOUR CANADIAN POP OLYMPICS REPRESENTATIVE: JUSTIN BIEBER!
Check Us Out On
Login to receive the latest pop music news and exclusive offers from Popdust!
Prince brought the rock to close out the show.
This was a song that happened. Lapdance included, natch.
Why does Will.i.am want to be a robot so badly?
You didn't think you were getting away with just ONE Pitbull performance, did you?
As an apology for the Grammys, the Billboard awards let Miguel do whatever he wanted.
Pitbull, Christina and A-Ha: Professional moment feelers.
No scandals this time for Bieber!
It feels like one of those nights at the Billboard Music Awards.
The duo fed off the crowd's energy to put in a classic performance.
The song of the summer?
Selena gives another Bollywood-indebted performance of her Eastern-tinged top ten hit.
Bruno kicked off the Billboard Music Awards with this Unorthodox Jukebox cut.
Girls' Generation will twinkle once again.