Bieber is Highest Paid Male Celebrity Under 30, Lil Wayne Relatively Poor
Posted by Newson 07/13/2012 at 3:46 PM
Forbes likes rubbing how rich the “1%” of the world is into the faces and minds of the other 99%, and that won’t change in the foreseeable future. But the gender make-up of Forbes features is evolving. Women, who are typically underrepresented on its more general listings of filthy rich executives, are starting to be more visible. They dominate its recent survey of the richest celebrities under 30. And of these women, all but American actress Kristen Stewart (of Twilight) are pop stars.
Justin Bieber is the only man in the Top 5, and also the youngest of the group. Fitting comfortably between Taylor Swift ($57 million) and Rihanna ($53 million) with $55 million for this year alone, The Bieb earns a little more than double Lil Wayne (whose laughable $27 million income puts him barely ahead of male Twilight co-stars Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson, whose yearly income were each estimated to be worth $27.5 million).
For the sake of preserving Bieber’s salary for the year, we can only hope that the old woman who is suing Bieber for $9 million for alleged hearing problems caused not by him– but his fans– won’t win the case. And if she does by some chance get some money out of him in a settlement, the amount should be capped at $1.999 million. Or else he’ll have to be demoted to third place– or worse– and will receive a sizeable deflation to his otherwise thriving ego.
Check Us Out On
The Beyonce of 2NE1 prepares to spread her wings and slay.
What's your favorite song by the Divine Nine?
The boys get a bonus. How will they use it?
Like a Rolling Stone? Try Like a FOX!
A famous woman expressed her opinion. A famous man threatened to beat her for it. She apologized.
Saying "sh*t" twice was not the weirdest thing that happened.
Smacking famous pop stars has not proved an effective way to get people to like you, Keef!
Cue celebratory chicken dance!
Do you know the secret history of "Heart Attack"?
They were meant for fame, and fame was meant for them...
By going public, Jolie has brought widespread attention to an issue that does have controversial elements.
What does success mean for Beyonce?
They better not be playin' games with our hearts.
This man is dressed like Psy, but he is not Psy.
That Lee Hyori reign just won't let up!