We’re Getting The “Smash” Soundtrack Somebody Undoubtedly Asked For
Posted by Newson 04/02/2012 at 3:52 PM
Do you rewatch the scintillating musical numbers from Smash over and over again? Or is your reaction more like Broadway Abridged’s: “Katharine McPhee: Ive sung my obligatory pop number. Do I get paid now?” (From their recaps, which are required reading.) NBC’s banking that at least some of you are the former, because those numbers–the pop-song covers plus the Marilyn Monroe plot pieces, the old stuff and the Ryan Tedder-penned stuff–are being compiled for a soundtrack out March 1.
Is anybody actually going to buy this? Probably. Possibly. Potentially? Let’s just turn to our “Talking Smash” correspondents, who would know:
Emily: “Most of them are the covers they do on the show. Very Glee–but unlike Glee‘s covers, they probably won’t do better than the originals. …And I don’t think they’re that great.”
Samantha: “Extremely boring. Kind of like Smash‘s lead.”
Noted. But if those reactions make you upset, perhaps you’ll be interested in the tracklisting, below:
1. “Touch Me” featuring Katharine McPhee
2. “Stand” featuring Katharine McPhee and Leslie Odom
3. “Who You Are” featuring Megan Hilty
4. “Crazy Dreams” featuring Megan Hilty
5. “Beautiful” featuring Katharine McPhee
6. “Haven’t Met You Yet” featuring Nick Jonas
7. “Shake It Out” featuring Katharine McPhee
8. “Brighter Than the Sun” featuring Katharine McPhee
9. “Let Me Be Your Star” featuring Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty
10. “20th Century Fox Mambo” featuring Katharine McPhee
11. “Mr & Mrs Smith” featuring Megan Hilty and Will Chase
12. “Let’s Be Bad” featuring Megan Hilty
13. “History Is Made At Night” featuring Megan Hilty & Will Chase
Check Us Out On
Login to receive the latest pop music news and exclusive offers from Popdust!
That Lee Hyori reign just won't let up!
Is anybody else surprised at how well this 4minute song is doing, or is it just us?
Who run the world? Blue. BLUE!
What FOOLS we were thinking it was because of Skrillex all this time...
Ke$ha finally put her money where her mouth is: She drank her own pee.
It feels like the perfect night/To design a t-shirt.
Like your boys, cute, talented and from YouTube? Then we've got good news for you.
The students become the masters!
Paris Hilton is about to reignite her pop career and start DJing again. You've been warned.
Hyori once again proves why she's the Queen of K-pop.
The boy band with the bad engrish and amazing electro-pop is back.
And Usher and Shakira are barely hanging on...
There's just something about Demi.
Or she bumped heads with Katy Perry.
We give the Robots' latest opus a song-by-song breakdown, separating the filler from the future dancefloor classics.