All You Need To Know: Flaming Lips Featuring Kesha And Biz Markie
Posted by Newson 03/20/2012 at 12:33 PM
See, this is the risk you run when you accuse people of oversharing. Yes, Ke$ha and alt-rock group the Flaming Lips posted a whole bunch of faux-incriminating photos when they were in the studio together, including fake cocaine, fake waivers and very real glitter. But one thing that wasn’t photographed or mentioned at all? Biz freaking Markie, he of “Just a Friend.” This is a collaboration made in–well, OK, there’s a chance part of it was made in email chains, but it’s still among the most oddly promising trios of names we’ve heard in a while: alt-rock group, hip-hop legend, polarizing and bedazzled wild card. There’s a high bar set for it: a bar that’s the shit. (If you don’t get the reference, please click that link, because not only will you then get it but your life will be 1000 times better.)
The track’s part of their Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends, out April 21, and the title is probably maybe one of 10 times in history that someone has called musician-Ke$ha (as opposed to person-Kesha, whose SATs were better than yours) “heady.” It’s also got several other collaborations that might be of interest (Neon Indian shows up; so does Erykah Badu, and Bon Iver and Chris Martin–those two thankfully not together.) The Ke$ha/Biz track, though, is “2012″–i.e. not the track that mentions acid or the track that mentions pee, but still pretty plausible because it’s probably about the apocalypse, and it’s not like Ke$ha hasn’t sang about that before.
Previews are available here of a few songs, and the full tracklisting is below:
1. 2012 (featuring Ke$ha and Biz Markie)
2. Ashes in the Air (featuring Bon Iver)
3. Helping the Retarded to Know God (featuring Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
4. Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee (featuring Prefuse 73)
5. Children of the Moon (featuring Tame Impala)
6. That Ain’t My Trip (featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)
7. You, Man? Human? (featuring Nick Cave)
8. I’m Working at NASA On Acid (featuring Lightning Bolt)
9. Do It! (featuring Yoko Ono)
10. Is David Bowie Dying? (featuring Neon Indian)
11. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (featuring Erykah Badu)
12. Thunder Drops (featuring New Fumes)
13. I Don’t Want You to Die (featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Email Us Tips!
Send Us the Tips!