The 15 Best DMX Quotes From This Power 105.1 Radio Interview
Posted by Newson 02/23/2012 at 3:17 PM
Will somebody please tell DMX that he ceased being a human being some years ago and now exists solely as a sketch comedy parody of himself? Actually, please don’t, we don’t want him to get self-conscious about it and ruin the whole thing. The X Man gave an absolutely peerless interview with the Breakfast Club on New York’s Power 105.1 this morning, proving once and for all that when it comes to pure, unfiltered hip-hop lunacy, ain’t nobody Gon’ Give It To Ya like X Gon’ Give It To Ya. Here are his ten best quotes from the 23-minute discussion—and believe us, there’s plenty more where that came from.
15. “You’d be surprised what can be considered a drug.” (On whether he’s still on drugs.)
14. “Rick Ross looks more like Biggie.” (On Charlemagne’s comparison of Young Jeezy to 2Pac and Rick Ross to Notorious B.I.G.)
13. “Yeah…a whole bunch of random letters.” (On being diagnosed with ADHD.)
12. “I don’t do none of that. I don’t even know how to use a computer.” (On whether he engages in social media.)
11. “I been using condoms! Those are the ones that broke! Clearly you misunderstanding how much pussy I get! I GETS IT IN!” (On being advised to use condoms.)
10. “Well, uh…me…” (On what rappers out right now he considers “nice”.)
9. “I got too many cars to not drive ‘em, man.” (On whether he’ll drive again despite his perpetually suspended license.)
8. “Who’s MMG?” (On whether or not rumors of him signing to MMG were true.)
7. “I trust them to stab you in the back. I trust a snake to be a snake. You know what I mean?….I’m trusting more now.” (On whether or not he trusts women.)
6. “I got ten kids. What do you think?” (On whether or not he’s addicted to sex.)
5. “My dick stay hard when I’m sleeping. I woke up plenty of times, Wifey just on me, just gettin’ it. But you know, that’s Wifey. All right, woman, do what you gonna do…then just go back to sleep.” (On the practical implications of how a woman could steal his semen against his will.)
4. “He was just totally disrespecting my authority! Not that I HAD the authority…but what if I really did have the authority?” (On flipping out at a guy while pretending to be a cop.)
3. “I don’t like anything about Drake. I don’t like his voice, I don’t like what he talks about, I don’t like his face, I don’t like the way he walks, I don’t like his haircut. I might just…Let me shut up. I’ll just stop right there.” (On Drake.)
2. “Priorities!” (On why he interrupted filming Cradle 2 the Grave with Jet Li to go fly remote-control helicopters for four hours.)
1. “It was just a beautiful place, man…we come from the studio one day, and we just pulled over on the highway, just watch the sunrise…it’s like, yo, it’s crazy. And you can carry guns! I went out there with eight felonies and I can carry a gun?! You serious? What do you mean, ‘Why did I go to Arizona’?” (On why he went to Arizona.)
Check Us Out On
The Beyonce of 2NE1 prepares to spread her wings and slay.
What's your favorite song by the Divine Nine?
The boys get a bonus. How will they use it?
Like a Rolling Stone? Try Like a FOX!
A famous woman expressed her opinion. A famous man threatened to beat her for it. She apologized.
Saying "sh*t" twice was not the weirdest thing that happened.
Smacking famous pop stars has not proved an effective way to get people to like you, Keef!
Cue celebratory chicken dance!
Do you know the secret history of "Heart Attack"?
They were meant for fame, and fame was meant for them...
By going public, Jolie has brought widespread attention to an issue that does have controversial elements.
What does success mean for Beyonce?
They better not be playin' games with our hearts.
This man is dressed like Psy, but he is not Psy.
That Lee Hyori reign just won't let up!