Lady Gaga, Remixed And Black-And-White Filtered This Way
Posted by Newson 10/21/2011 at 12:06 PM
Let’s all try to decide who Lady Gaga is emulating for this grayscale/blacktop cover art for her Born This Way remix album. The Weeknd, who’s one of the names on the tracklisting you’re about to look at? Terry Richardson, if he pried his eyes away from his beloved white background but not from the parted lip/spread-leg schtick he didn’t invent?
Also, in things only slightly more substantial than JPEGs, a tracklisting! Some of these we’ve heard before, like the Wild Beasts screwery of “You and I”, and others we’ve heard of before, like those by serial chiller The Weeknd (plus his cohort Illangelo) and serial success story Foster the People. Props for “Bloody Mary,” “Electric Chapel” and “Scheisse”‘s inclusion; bonus-track props for “Black Jesus”‘ inclusion.
There’s also going to be a whole burst of bonus box-setty material, but we told you that part already. So, uh, keep looking forward to that too.
1. “Born This Way (Zedd Remix)”
2. “Judas (Goldfrapp Remix)”
3. “The Edge of Glory (Foster the People Remix)”
4. “Yoü And I (Wild Beasts Remix)”
5. “Marry the Night (The Weeknd & Illangelo Remix)”
6. “Black Jesus (Michael Woods Remix)”
7. “Bloody Mary (The Horrors Remix)”
8. “Scheiße (Guena LG Remix)”
9. “Americano (Gregori Klosman Remix)”
10. “Electric Chapel (Two Door Cinema Club Remix)”
11. “Yoü And I – (Metronomy Remix)”
12. “Judas (Hurts Remix)”
13. “Born This Way (Twin Shadow Remix)”
14. “The Edge of Glory (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)”
Check Us Out On
The Beyonce of 2NE1 prepares to spread her wings and slay.
What's your favorite song by the Divine Nine?
The boys get a bonus. How will they use it?
Like a Rolling Stone? Try Like a FOX!
A famous woman expressed her opinion. A famous man threatened to beat her for it. She apologized.
Saying "sh*t" twice was not the weirdest thing that happened.
Smacking famous pop stars has not proved an effective way to get people to like you, Keef!
Cue celebratory chicken dance!
Do you know the secret history of "Heart Attack"?
They were meant for fame, and fame was meant for them...
By going public, Jolie has brought widespread attention to an issue that does have controversial elements.
What does success mean for Beyonce?
They better not be playin' games with our hearts.
This man is dressed like Psy, but he is not Psy.
That Lee Hyori reign just won't let up!