The X Factor Power Rankings: Auditions, Night 2
Posted by Newson 09/23/2011 at 12:36 PM
During post-production, someone must have watched last night’s auditions for The X Factor and noticed how not even the good ones had a plausible shot at winning. (Words we hope we won’t regret in a few weeks.) And so, buried among the endless hopeless singers and the winners-for-now who get one note of screen time, last night gave us two contestants we could totally see $5 million richer.
This means, of course, that you’d have a more enjoyable X Factor experience (re-)watching their segments on YouTube than slogging through the hellish remainder of the two hours without even having Cheryl Cole as your Geordie-accented Virgil. After all, that just about anything would be a better use of your time than re-acquainting yourself with the antics of…
50. Dillon Lawson: The Lawson who lives in the boondocks, sang Lil Wayne’s “Swag Surfin” with all profanities and probably decided to do the song at the last minute as a diss to Simon’s diss.
49. Curtis “Phoenix” Lawson: The Lawson with the Jesus hair and dreamcatcher/Nicolebait belt buckle who sang like licking a fan blade.
48. Representative Miami Girls in Bikinis on Beach: No “yaaaaar,” but in tandem, they squeal: “Miami has the X Factor!” That sounds contagious. Someone alert the CDC!
47. Xander Alexander: Simon’s least favorite diva and disser of Jay-Z who sings “I’ll Be” (?!) poorly. He strikes us as someone who acts out to overcompensate for extreme nervousness. This excuses nothing.
46. Backstage Crew Member Who Comforts Xander: Stop wasting your time with this bozo — there’s a ghost on the loose! Oh, wait…
45. The Ghost: Ominously dimming the lights? Come on, The Ghost.
44. Wesley Kimbell: Too screechy…
43. Kid Who Would Use $ to Give Back to Community, Church: Too goody…
42. Kid With Glasses Who Would Use $ to Buy a Helicopter: Too easy…
41. Kid Who Would Use $ to Buy Neverland Ranch: TOO SOON! (But easily the most fun plan yet!)
For another Internet blogger, a very confused man and our least favorite judge, click NEXT.
Check Us Out On
Login to receive the latest pop music news and exclusive offers from Popdust!
Is anybody else surprised at how well this 4minute song is doing, or is it just us?
Who run the world? Blue. BLUE!
What FOOLS we were thinking it was because of Skrillex all this time...
Ke$ha finally put her money where her mouth is: She drank her own pee.
It feels like the perfect night/To design a t-shirt.
Like your boys, cute, talented and from YouTube? Then we've got good news for you.
The students become the masters!
Paris Hilton is about to reignite her pop career and start DJing again. You've been warned.
Hyori once again proves why she's the Queen of K-pop.
The boy band with the bad engrish and amazing electro-pop is back.
And Usher and Shakira are barely hanging on...
There's just something about Demi.
Or she bumped heads with Katy Perry.
We give the Robots' latest opus a song-by-song breakdown, separating the filler from the future dancefloor classics.
An interstellar transmission appropriately closes out Daft Punk's fourth LP.