Jay-Z And Kanye West’s “Watch The Throne” Exists, Several Witnesses Report
Posted by Newson 07/07/2011 at 4:51 PM
Are you watching for Watch the Throne? Wow, we feel like bringing you some books or maybe a care package. It’s got cover art, you can pre-order it, and the ship date on the receipts says it’ll be out August 2. But none of these translate into hearing the thing–that is, unless you’re Big Sean or Angie Martinez! Here’s your afternoon roundup of rubbing it in:
- Of course Big Sean has heard Watch the Throne, because he was there during the recording. What can he teach us about the album? It has “good-ass songs” (no word on whether it has good ass-songs), and it has an intro “like, damn!” Noted.
- Hot 97′s Angie Martinez has also gotten, in her words, an “ear hustle” of Watch the Throne, and informs us that Frank Ocean’s appearance is “impressive” and that the album is “exciting” and “really big.” Also noted.
- A full tracklisting is also out there, although it’s unverified, it’s kinda old, it lacks said Frank Ocean appearance (if he’s behind the scenes, like on Beyonce’s 4, why would that constitute an “impressive” adjective?), and we’re thinking Bruno Mars is a tiny bit out of his depth if this is real. According to Def Jam, it’s ten tracks, and “H.A.M.” and “Lift Off” are two of them. But here’s the leaked list anyway:
1. Lift Off (Feat. Beyonce & Bruno Mars)
2. Murder To Excellence
3. Illest Motherfucker Alive
4. Why I Love You So (Guilt Trip)
5. That Shit Crazy
6. Living So Italian
7. Who Gonna Stop Me
8. Whole Lifetime
9. We Are Young
In summary: We’re looking forward to the day when we can embed a different video.
Check Us Out On
The Beyonce of 2NE1 prepares to spread her wings and slay.
What's your favorite song by the Divine Nine?
The boys get a bonus. How will they use it?
Like a Rolling Stone? Try Like a FOX!
A famous woman expressed her opinion. A famous man threatened to beat her for it. She apologized.
Saying "sh*t" twice was not the weirdest thing that happened.
Smacking famous pop stars has not proved an effective way to get people to like you, Keef!
Cue celebratory chicken dance!
Do you know the secret history of "Heart Attack"?
They were meant for fame, and fame was meant for them...
By going public, Jolie has brought widespread attention to an issue that does have controversial elements.
What does success mean for Beyonce?
They better not be playin' games with our hearts.
This man is dressed like Psy, but he is not Psy.
That Lee Hyori reign just won't let up!