Five Things We Learned From Katy Perry’s Tour Trailer
Posted by Newson 03/09/2011 at 1:18 PM
The Popdust Files: katy perry
If you live somewhere on this blue planet of ours, you’re in luck—chances are, Katy Perry is coming to your town. Perry recently released a trailer for her globe-tripping California Dreams Tour, which will take her to 104 different locations in five separate continents. (Better luck next time, Antarctica). The 66-second clip below features Perry doing your basic pop- diva world-tour backstage stuff: huddling with her backup dancers, getting showered with balloons and glitter, chewing out a stagehand for failing to remove all the Brown M&Ms from her pre-concert spread. (OK, maybe we’re mixing up that last one with the trailer for Van Halen’s last tour.)
Here’s what we learned about Katy from the teaser:
- She’s Been Holding Out Her Candiness on Us. “I’ve never really done the candy thing 100%,” she laments. “I just need to take it up another level. Now is the time to go there.” If shooting frosting out of her breasts was Katy at 60% Candy, who dares imagine what Full-Power Candy Katy will look like?
- She Doesn’t Need a Chorus of Kids to Sell “Firework”: The version in the trailer, notably lacking contribution from P.S. 22, still sounds okay, though it’s possible she’s cheating and just using the studio cut.
- She Really, Really Likes the Color Pink. But I guess we knew that one already.
- Her Fans Really, Really Like Her. Aside from the “KATY! KATY!” chants and steady stream of rapturous cheering throughout the video, one crying fan even needs assistance from security after experiencing what appears to be a Too-Much-Joy emotional breakdown. That good, huh?
- She Feels Her Success is Ill-Earned. “To say that you had a sold-out arena tour, in the first five years of your career,” reflects Perry. “It’s not supposed to happen like that.” Well, Katy, you should have thought about that before the four No. 1 singles, shouldn’t you? Little late for regrets now.
Check Us Out On
Paul put Eleanors on the map, yo.
We've got our first John Mayer diss track, and it is MEAN.
Even Mr. Movin' On is smiling.
We're getting the strong feeling Mr. Bieber does not care for paparazzi.
Why did Lil Wayne sully the honor of this great nation?
Vicky just dropped her first post-Victorious single and it's pretty good.
Just like The Pussycat Dolls, only not as good.
2NE1 plans to make up for lost time.
The final three artists take the stage and vie for votes for the last time.
As usual, B.A.P continues to work without rest.
Surprisingly, a song called "Bring the Noize" is not the laid-back jam we expected.
Through this amazing deal, receive two bottles of wine a month customized to your tastes.
Chris Brown is the only man who can unite the Bloods and the Crips.